Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's raining today

Dear Mom,

It's a dreary Wednesday today. I'm afraid rainy cold days will never be the same now as I feel chilled to the bone and am filled with sadness. I try to just get through the things I need to for work but I can only focus for a few hours at a time.

I've sent out about 50 emails today as I am trying to just get through the invoices. We worked together, in case anyone ever reads this and wonders what invoicing has to do with a letter to my mother. Everyday for almost 12 years we worked together. Now, however, I don't really work. I suffer through trying to just catch up the mess that has remained since you left. I don't blame you really, it just makes my heart ache to keep sending this:

Larry,
We are trying to catch up on a back log of invoices from the past few weeks. I am not sure if you heard or not by Melanie from our office passed away suddenly on November 13th. Please bear with me as I try to figure out life with out her. If you are not the normal person who receives invoices can you kindly forward it on to the correct party, I will update our records if you can let me know whom it should be. 

Attached please find Invoice #6529.
If you have any questions please email me!

Amanda


Over and over I hit send and dread the response I'm going to get back. Most of our customers knew that you were the accounting person, not all know that you are also my mom. They'll never understand how hard this is.

Love,

Your Daughter



No comments:

Post a Comment